- All students will complete the registration process on or prior to the first day of classes
- Tuition, mandatory fees and book costs are due and payable on or prior to the first day of classes and will be deducted from Canada Student Loans where applicable
- Registration is not complete until a signed registration form has been received in the Registration office and fees have been paid in full
- Sponsored students must have a letter from the sponsoring agency
- The Director of Finance or the Director of Programs may make special payment arrangements
- Students will be discontinued for non-payment of tuition, fees and/or book costs
- Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee is required with each full-time credit program application and must accompany the application form. Part-time credit students pay the fee per credit program, which is good for a five-year period.
- Tuition Fee: Carlton Trail Regional College’s tuition fee policy reflects the tuition policy of Advanced Education Employment and Labour.
- Student Fee: This fee is levied to assist with costs of graduation activities, class pictures, planners, internet, computer access, etc.
- Lab Fee: This fee is levied to cover a portion of the costs associated with the maintenance, repair, replacement and calibration of equipment; high cost consumables; and a technology enhancement component to ensure that hardware and software are current.
Cancellation of a program or course by CTRC will result in a full refund of paid fees.
Students who withdraw or are discontinued by the College are entitled to a refund of tuition and program fees as follows:
- If prior to the start date of a program, class or course, a full refund of paid tuition and fees, less an administration fee, (e.g., the non-refundable program fee) is provided.
- If after the start of a program, class or course, a prorated refund is provided.
- For on-line courses there is no refund provided once the curriculum has been viewed; however, applications for refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- A student who wishes to withdraw from the College must submit a completed Discontinuation Form to the local programming staff. A refund may apply.
- Students who withdraw from a course or program must notify the College of their intention to withdraw to be eligible for refund. Non-attendance is not considered notification of intent to withdraw for refund purposes.
- The student must settle all accounts with CTRC and return all College property.